7 complementary and independent workshops
- Discover through practice your own creative abilities from a playful and prejudice-free attitude
- Discover the expressive possibilities of textiles (fabrics, wool, threads) and the techniques that are their own (sew, embroider, weave), incorporating them into our own creative work, complementing and enriching it.No vamos a aprender ninguna técnica.
We care more about the path than the goal.
We do not intend to make works of “art”.
We will learn from our mistakes and enjoy with our findings.
7 independent sessions of 3 hours each and that work separately but at the same time complementary.
Each of the sessions or workshops is completed with a selection of Power Point images of artists whose works have to do with the subject.
Workshop 1. Improvise with fabrics: from intuitive play to awareness.
Workshop 2. Textile collage: With chance as an ally we discover beauty in chaos.
Workshop 3. Undo to re-do: The beauty of scars.
Workshop 4. Window, hole, hole: Show what is hidden to enrich reality.
Workshop 5. Biography1: My life as a story (artist’s book).
Workshop 6. Biography 2: My life as a puzzle, I am the sum of many.
Workshop 7. Woven with soul: The memory of objects.
- Brief presentation of the teacher and each student (who I am, what I do, what is my motivation).
- Exercise of “warming up” on paper.
- Reflection on the result.
- Visualization of “inspiring” images of the work of professional artists.
- I work with textile material following some guidelines according to the topic to be treated (each workshop is different).
- Exhibition of the work done in the workshop, reflection, awareness and conclusions.
Workshop 1. Improvise with fabrics: from intuitive play to awareness
This first workshop has two parts: In the first one we will work in a playful and intuitive way with the material that I will provide to you and, after a brief reflection in which each student will put NAME to his work, we will work to the Reverse in the second exercise: based on an idea or CONCEPT they will try to materialize it and shape it by choosing the right materials.
What is the OBJETIVE? Be aware that elements such as color, shape, texture and composition are the alphabet that allows us to communicate plastically.
She exhibits regularly since 2003 at the Gurriarán Gallery in Madrid and at Aba Arte Contemporani in Palma de Mallorca.She has exhibited individually and collectively in museums, universities, cultural centers and associations and has participated in national and international art fairs.She also teaches experimentation and textile creation workshops.