Origami workshop by Rui Roda
Workshop objective is to fold paper figures to learn about some origami techniques and their possibilities as a means of expression.
Animals and masks will be folded dry and wet making a brief analysis of their characteristics and the reason for choosing the type of paper and the technique used.
Theoretical introduction: brief historical trajectory, the tools and the different techniques will be explained. ½ hour
Practice 1: 1 hour
Practice 2: 1 hour
Conclusions: sharing of the work done ½ hour
Materials needed to complete the course
The Paper Factory provides:
- Tissue paper (1 sheet per student)
- Paper canson mis-teintes 160g m2 (one of 20cm x 29cm and another of 10cm x 15cm per student)
- Printing paper (one A4 per student); two-color kraft (a square of 15 cm x 15 cm per student)
- Guillotine, rulers and some pencils in case we need to cut paper
- Water and tea towels
- Mini tweezers (smaller than clothes)
Requirements to attend the course
It is advisable to know the basic origami symbology (valley, mount, flip the paper, inverted fold, sunken fold…)
Creator and interpreter of Portuguese origami.
As creator he has his models published in convention books, in origami association newsletters and on the web.
As an interpreter he has more than 3,000 models published on the web, in addition to testing the construction diagrams of many creators from around the world and various origami associations, particularly for the Spanish Origami Association.